Our structures start with a Corten steel shipping container called a High Cube. Shipping containers bring goods from around the world, most often China, to America. Once they arrive, they rarely return. They represent a high embedded energy cost, so repurposing them is very environmentally friendly. Because they are water tight, sturdy, and quasi-portable, they are excellent building blocks. Artistry and design turn them into unique living elements.
We will offer 3 models, and prices will vary based on on-the-grid or off-the-grid options.
This structure is designed for the “Do-it-Yourself-er”. It represents the basic chassis upon which we build our other products. It is stripped down to the essential core from which many ideas and choices diverge. The NakedTainer is our standard 20’ shipping container with:
- ¼ inch steel window bucks
- Three fiberglass double pane energy efficient windows
- Sculptured steel Rhino horn
- Sculptural steel front door
- Double cargo doors
- Bolt-on attachment system
- Lead-free certification
The Decanter (to be renamed)
The Decanter is the perfect creative space for ideas, art, and words to rest and ferment. Including all of the art and robust features of the Cube, it is empty on the inside. Ready for any kind of studio use: writing a novel, painting, music, gardening shelter. You decide—it is a vessel for your dreams.
The Decanter contains all features above plus…
- Insulated R-20 hardwood hickory floor
- Insulated R-8 finished walls
- Roof and R-30 ceiling insulation
Price range under $30K.
The Rhino Cube
Rhino Cube is 160 square feet of living space designed to provide some creature-comforts while bringing you closer to nature. Off-the-grid sustainability, this micro-unit can land in a field or on the side of a mountain and will provide a weekend retreat or a full time shelter. It comes in a 20’ or 25’ container (and can be on the grid). The first Rhino Cube is “Zulu Queen”, named after a kick-ass ski run at Telluride, Colorado, and she is proud to be pictured on this site. She has all of the above feature PLUS the following:
- Full kitchen with sink, cooktop, and high-end DC powered refrigerator
- Designer IKEA cabinets and storage
- 1250 watt solar generator, which drives the refrigerator, charges your technology and runs other appliances
- Water storage and grey water disposal system
- Timber frame detail, porch, and water collection roof
- Sculptural bunk bed with graphic backdoor and starlight sleeping
- Artistic exterior paint
- Optional bathroom (in the 25′ models) with sink, shower, and composting toilet
“Zulu Queen” is priced at $60,000.